In the hidden residence of Sprigg the Obnoxious, Vox Machina learned the hard way that they weren’t the only ones with an eye on the key to Ioun. The primary goal of the Remnant—and Vecna, in particular—was the demise of Vox Machina’s key to Ioun (who can be argued the absolute antithesis to Vecna). Given each enemy’s damage output and battle capability, it would be ludicrous to think that the Whispered One had plans to take out the entire party with such a meager strike force. The untrained (but still reasonably skilled) assassins downed Sprigg immediately following a declaration from their demigod that caught the party by surprise.Read More
Episode 105 had the most puns made in all of Critical Role!
- (0:17:08) Liam: Will you remind me where my Vecdar made me feel Vecna?
- (0:20:45) Marisha: Let’s walk through that a******.
- (1:13:18) Taliesin: I think we can just call them Macculkins now.
- (1:14:52) Percy: I sometimes will talk to the fourth wall. Sprigg: It’s a domicile, there has to be four walls. If there weren't, then it would be a yurt!
- (1:15:09) Sprigg: I have nothing against yurts! It’s like a stick that you put in a yurt so it would fall over. I would want it to fall over. Therefore, I would have nothing against yurts!
- (1:16:45) Sprigg: We were heroes and now I am here. Oh.
Darin De Paul brought the hammer down this week as Sprigg. (Interestingly enough, not a single Overwatch reference in this week's expansive list.)
(You may also notice a distinct lack of puns in this article. Those are coming up next, for good reason...)
- (0:00:52) Sam: Little known fact: I have access to the BBC archives at home.
- (0:01:25) Sam: ...collect stickers, cards, and Funko figures on your telephone device.
- (0:02:20) Sam: ...from brands like Rick and Morty, Bob’s Burgers, Family Guy, Breaking Bad, Star Trek and newly announced, Game of Thrones.
- (0:06:50) Marisha: You can get them on ThinkGeek, I think.
- (0:18:50) Marisha: Mind the gap.
We’d like to extend our congratulations to Matthew Mercer, James Haeck, and everyone at Green Ronin who helped put out this extremely expansive guide to Tal’Dorei!
Chances are that by now you have already been one of the many, many individuals who have purchased their copy of the campaign guide. In the event that you have not already secured yours, Green Ronin has provided the following preorder pages:
- Physical Copy, Shipped to you
- Physical Copy, Pickup at GenCon
- PDF Copy only
- Pre-Order FAQ
- If you want your local store to carry it
If you buy a physical copy, you can order as many physical copies of the PDF as you want (to read RIGHT NOW) for $5 each. Keep in mind that if you order to pickup from GenCon, you must be there yourself with photo ID to get it (and we’re looking forward to seeing you there!).
So, you guys think JCVD could take down Vecna?
- (0:00:01) Sam: Are we in sync? Matt: Hopefully. Travis: Bye bye bye! (“Bye Bye Bye” by *NSync)
- (0:00:29) Sam: A rare five star Spider-Man has arrived in Marvel PuzzleQuest just in time for Spider-Man: Homecoming.
- (0:00:39) Sam: ...featuring The Sinister Six, face the Vulture, or recruit him as a supervillain for your team.
- (0:01:00) Sam: ...and which is the name of an actual movie starring Jean-Claude Van Damme.
- (0:01:07) Sam: Hitman! [...] Brawler! [...] Timecop! [...] Century Fighter. [...] Kickboxer! [..] Bloodsport! [...] Cyborg. [...] Defender. [...] The Expendables! Double Impact! JCVD! [...] Killing Machine. That’s a trick, it’s a Dolph Lundgren film.
Friends may call him Tary, but Taryon Darrington calls his friends quite a variety of nicknames. As a note, we only counted the first time he used a particular nickname.
85 A Bard’s Lament
- (3:04:31) To Vex: You, little elf girl, what’s your name?
- (3:15:16) To Grog: Hey, big man, look at this.
86 Daring Days
- (0:33:04) To Grog: Friends call me Tary, Jumbo!
- (0:44:32) To Vax: No, you misheard me, Little Elf Boy.
- (0:46:21) About Keyleth: Is Antlers ok over here?
- (0:54:36) To Vex: I’m sorry Little--
- (1:27:00) To Percy: Uh, Four Eyes, shall I trust Jumbo here?
- (3:42:36) To Vax: I am eager to get my adventuring on, L.E.B.
87 Onward to Vesrah
- (0:23:45) About Keyleth: The Redhead continues to propel us forward faster and faster, to everyone’s surprise and respect, including the captain.
88 Tangled Depths
- (0:31:34) About Percy: While The Gunslinger was rendered useless...
- (0:47:23) About Grog: The big fellow over there said that...
- (1:15:01) To Grog: And, Bigly Man Over There, do you want a coin…
- (3:45:06) To Trinket: Oh, Friendly Bear! [...] Never mind, Friendly Bear! Thanks to a critter for this one!
89 Curious Tides
- (1:43:20) About Pike: Not Short Stuff…
- (2:30:32) To Pike: Daughter of Sarenrae
- (2:33:19) To Pike: And I will keep your friends safe. Your friends: Greg, Vox, Vox, Kiko…
91 Vox Machina Go to Hell
- (3:44:47) About Vox Machina: Rocks Dockina
95 One Year Later…
- (3:21:47) To Vex: Little E.G.
At the beginning of his journey with Vox Machina, Taryon Darrington read off a list of adventures that he hoped to accomplish during his travels. Those were:
- Rescue a maiden
- Transport a treasure
- Escort a muckety-muck
- A revenge plot
- A classic dungeon crawl
- Solving a mysterious riddle
- The old fashioned double-cross
- Shopping mission
- Slay a dragon
He’ll be pleased to note that he can cross almost everything off of that list!Read More
With the parting of ways that took place in Episode 101, we look back at some of our favorite moments involving the artificer.
Thanks to eponymous-rose for editing this video together, and thank you to Geek & Sundry and Critical Role for use of these clips! All content used with permission.
- Tary meets Vox Machina (Ep85, 2:56:26)
- Tary’s List of Adventures (Ep86, 0:48:18)
- Potential book titles (Ep86, 0:51:40)
- Taryon gets real with VM (Ep86, 2:07:13)
- Keyleth’s eyes make Taryon feel ashamed (Ep86, 2:17:17)
- Taryon gets his first kill (Ep87, 1:42:10)
- The flashcards (Ep89, 2:21:38)
- Grog and Tary buy from the potion merchant in Vasselheim (Ep90, 2:18:07)
- Tary kills a succubus (Ep92, 3:16:59)
- Tary uses a Scroll of Programmed Illusion to buy VM time to get to Hotis (Ep93, 3:50:01)
- VM’s friendship is worth about 210,000 gold, which is a relatively large amount of money, even to Tary (Ep94, 0:27:30)
- Tary confirms that women definitely aren’t for him (Ep94, 2:30:30)
- Tary and Grog attempt to build sandcastles (Ep95, 1:23:33)
- Tary sics two mastiffs on Percy and Vex’s room (Ep95, 1:32:43)
- Tary tries to get the Whitestone kitchen to serve the Trickfoots the fanciest of meals (Ep95, 3:20:00)
- “I am, literally, the least hard man to find.” (Ep97, 3:32:48)
- Tary encases himself with a Bead of Force (Level 17 Battle Royale, 0:20:14)
- Tary wins the Battle Royale (Level 17 Battle Royale, 3:38:17)
- Tary tells the Darringtons about his plan for their future (Ep99, 0:50:15)
- Tary kills the War Priest (Ep100, 5:03:51)
- Scanlan and Tary have a conversation about Lionel (Ep101, 0:52:34)
- Tary and Vex say their goodbyes (Ep101, 2:16:47)
- What Tary’s doing while Vox Machina fights Vecna (Ep102, 3:53:43)
- (0:01:30) Laura: *singing* One! (“One Day More” from Les Miserables)
- (0:01:32) Marisha: Tell yo kids! Tell yo wife! (Bed Intruder)
- (0:02:10) Liam: Will you also, someday, have a Pog episode?
- (0:02:49) Taliesin: We’re confirmed with Jim Lee X-Men Series One […] Superman vs. Doomsday cards. Matt: Marvel Masterpiece? [...] Taliesin: Some [Jack] Kirby cards, some classic Avengers cards. [...] Marvel Universe Series 1 of 3 is what we’re really working on.
Thanks to @madqueenmomo for this art piece!
Given the events of last week, it’s likely that restrictions on spells, skills, and equipment are going to heavily drive what Vox Machina does next. Here’s where the party stands. (Note: We’ve left out all completely expended spell slot levels for brevity. We’re assuming that the characters who benefitted from a short rest gained back all their health.)Read More
Thanks to @iorverth for this art piece!
- Armor Class Unknown
- 54 damage taken
- Cast Power Word Kill, Finger of Death, Disintegrate (twice), Counterspell (twice), Fireball (at 7th), Hold Monster (at 8th), Fire Bolt
- Legendary Actions: 2 to cast leveled spells, 1 to cast cantrip
- Spell Save DC 24
- Spell Casting Ability Modifier: +10
- Armor Class 18-21 (Suggested 20)
- 221 damage taken
- Suggested Average, Max HP: 180, 247
- MM standard +6 Dex Save, +5 Con
- Spell Save ≥ 21 (Suggested 18)
- Armor Class 18
- 241 damage taken, 24 HDYWTDT by Percy
- Immune to Necrotic Damage
- Possesses the Eye of Vecna
- Summon Undead (undead get attacks)
- Ghostly Claws
- Dark energy suffuses the landscape (unused)
And we all say
"Oh, well I never, was there ever
A gloom stalker as magical
He is loud and large, he is black
From the snout to the tip of his tail
He can pierce through illusions to track
With fleshless wings he sails
His shrouded form is looking for a snack
He is equally quick with his claws like a knife
He is always deceiving you into believing
That he's only hunting for life...