physicynicism-also-ale asks: Hi. I'm looking to get the group some funky dice but can't get them all a full set. I was wondering whether you could advise as to what die would get the most use from each player. The choices: D4, D6, D8, D12. Thanks.
While we’re not sure what dice they do or don’t already have, we’re happy to provide recommendations based on class (note, this list is probably good for any PC based on their respective classes):
- Vax’ildan: D4s are good for daggers, but rogues can never have enough D6s.
- Vex’ahlia: D6 recommended for Hunter’s Mark and her new Sneak Attack.
- Pike: D6 for Guiding Bolt, or D8 for Cure Wounds.
- Grog: D12 for hit dice, or 2D6 for that sword, baby.
- Scanlan: D4 for Vicious Mockery and Healing Word, or D6 for lightning bolt.
- Keyleth: Hard, since she doesn’t have a single signature spell (outside of Wild Shape). D8 for Cure Wounds is always useful.
- Percy: D12 for Bad News, or D10 for Retort.