Happy Campaign 2 of Critical Role! Whether you’re just hopping into Critical Role for the first time or you’ve been watching since Episode 1, we’d like to offer a warm welcome to the site, and give a little tour du CritRoleStats so you know where to find information.
Huge thanks to @RobynAlyHope for this art piece!
What do you do?
Yes, but why?
Because we love Critical Role and we think it’s fun!
Who are you?
Where can I find the information I’m seeking?
If you’re looking for information related specifically to the Tal’Dorei campaign, mouse over the Tal’Dorei heading on our site. (All content should be deemed very, very spoilery.)
- Under Character Stats, you’ll find their final on-screen character card. Clicking on one of those brings you to where you can click on the character sheet we created for them at each level, based on all the information we could compile.
- Clicking on General Stats will bring you to a page with a host of links to stats we tracked for that campaign, including Natural 20s, Time Passed, All Spells Cast, and how many times Vox Machina struggled with a door. Because the campaign is over, these are considered archived and are no longer edited regularly.
- Clicking on Tributes will bring you to the posts we put together in honor the characters at the end of their journey as parts of Vox Machina.
If you’re looking for information related specifically to the Wildemount campaign, mouse over the Wildemount heading on our site. (All content should be deemed very, very spoilery.)
- Under Character Stats, you’ll find their current on-screen character card. Clicking on one of those brings you to where you can click on the character sheet we’ve created for them, based on all the information we could compile. As of this post, that’s one episode’s worth of information. We’ll update them periodically when we learn more. We do not update them with new equipment/abilities that they gain in the middle of a level. That information will be placed on their character sheet at the next level.
- Clicking on General Stats will bring you to a page which will have, but does not currently have, a host of links to stats we are tracking for this campaign. Those are updated, generally speaking, after we have a chance to rewatch the episode when it is released on YouTube on Monday.
- Clicking on Rankings will bring you to a page where we rank who has gotten the most Natural 20s, Natural 1s, Kills, etc.
Going to the General Archives headline will give you the option to explore a variety of information. (All content should be deemed very, very spoilery.)
- First are the Running Stats, like Critical Role and Talks Machina attendance, information about the Exandria Pantheon, and galleries of battle maps.
- Second, are the Monster Analyses. When there’s a battle on the show that merits it, we write up an analysis of who or what they battled and what happened in the battle of note.
- Third, is a link to our Quick Answers archive. The QA series is where we answer questions that critters have sent to us recently (or not so recently…). Each heading links to the original post, and you can do a page search to see if your question has been answered before.
- Finally, we have a Blog Archive of all of our posts.
Lastly, we have an FAQ to handle any questions you might have about us and what we cover. Before you ask us a question, please read through it (or any of the myriad of options listed above), or check the Critical Role Wikia, CR Subreddit, or transcripts on CRTranscripts to see if the answer is there. All of that is (wait for it…) very, very spoilery.
I want to help!
We appreciate all of your enthusiasm! The majority of the projects we run on a regular basis are manageable in-house. On the rare occasion we have a unique project that runs outside of the data we already collect, we may reach out to our volunteers. However, the majority of the time, we can always recommend helping out our pals at CRTranscript and CRTranslate to make the show and surrounding content more accessible!
I want to avoid spoilers!
CritRoleStats is the equivalent of four spoilers in a trenchcoat. The instant an official channel lets something out in the wild, we aim to provide it for you, as well. That said, we try to not post anything too spoilery about the most recent episode before it goes live on YouTube on Monday.
Over on Tumblr, where we typically post introductory excerpts to our posts that link to our site, we will tag our posts about the most recent episode with critical role spoilers. Once there is a new episode, that tag will be removed, so critters searching for information can find it without it being hidden behind the tag. Bear in mind that we have a Twitter feed on the side of our site with our three most recent tweets.