Anonymous asked: How many times has Laura asked for advantage?
It never hurts to ask! Updated through Episode 62.
Times Laura has asked: 44
Times it has helped: 23
Thanks to @allessier, @Clafairified, i-encourage-violence, icecream-s-coops, Jane H., kevvinn, Mason G., Mel25200, @MysticalSpider, pbandfluff, Rosie-Lostbetweenthepages, Rowena Highlander, @SilentEnGee, @silv3rsing3r, vysoren-of-vord, wallflowerwaitlist, and other fantastic critters for their help compiling this list!
02 Into the Greyspine Mine
- (2:09:03) Laura: Let’s do the one that is surrounded so I get, like what, flanking bonus or something? Matt: For ranged, you would not get a bonus for that. Laura: LAME.
03 Strange Bedfellows
- (0:30:01) Laura: Do I get to assist? Since I gave him a kiss. Matt: No assistance on this.
- (0:36:06) Laura: Oh, but I do, wait! My favorite terrain is the Underdark! Are we in the Underdark? Matt: Ok! All right, for that, I’ll give you advantage on that.
11 The Temple Showdown
- (0:15:02) Laura: Oh, it’s the Underdark! Matt: Yep, so you *indicates she can roll again* […] Favorite terrain makes a Ranger very happy.
13 Escape from the Underdark
- (1:00:55) Laura: But [the illithid’s] bent over and I’ve got this birds-eye view on him… Matt: You know what, he is grappling and he’s right in the way, I’ll go ahead and give you advantage on that attack.
- (2:02:02) Laura: Can we use any kind of perception to see if the things on them are controlling them? […] I get +2 for any dragony things. Matt: Good to know.
16 Enter Vasselheim
- (0:43:41) Travis: Don’t you have advantage? Laura: Do I have advantage in … no. Matt: Not in this terrain, unfortunately.
18 Trial of the Take Part 1
- (2:23:35) Laura: Are we still in the forest? Matt: You are nearing the forest, yes, so yeah, for you it’d be considered forest area.
19 Trial of the Take Part 2
- (0:16:31) Laura: Does [Grog] (who she is playing as) get advantage, however, because he is speaking giant, and he’s in the cold? Matt: Um … no, because you have an entire band of seemingly advancing and armed individuals that are currently stalking toward what appears to be the home of these individuals.
- (1:08:56) Laura: Oh, but ok, but this is pertaining to (Sam scoffs), I’m just saying, this is pertaining to dragons. So, I feel like he’s one of my favorite enemies so I should have additional bonuses to, like, dragony insight against him. Favorite enemies! Matt: All right, so you’re perceiving anything dragon-related and things that would be warning of a dragon. Laura: Yeah! Things he would have laid down for us, you know, stuff like that. Matt: Ohhh-kay. Go ahead and roll again with advantage.
- (1:13:23) Matt: Go ahead and make an intelligence check. Laura: With advantage because it’s pertaining to dragons? Matt: Yes.
22 AraMente to Pyrah
- (2:16:50) Laura: Oh! Is it favorite terrain? Liam: Yes. * Laura rolls* Matt: Are mountains part of your favorite terrain? Laura: Oh, it’s still mountains?
24 The Feast
- (2:13:48) Laura: Are we all rolling because we’re all talking? (to cover for her low roll) Travis: What about giving her advantage because I was talking about testicles? Matt: No testicle advantage on that roll. Liam: In what circumstance would testicle advantage come into play? Sam: Gilmore’s.
27 The Path to Whitestone
- (3:02:24) Laura: Are we in mountains yet? Matt: You’re in the mountains. Laura: So I have advantage on it? Matt: You have advantage. Travis: Me too, right? Mountains are my favorite… Matt: That’s true, yeah!
28 The Sun Tree
- (0:21:56) Matt: I need you guys, three, to roll a dexterity saving throw. Taliesin: With advantage? Laura: With advantage because I’m in the mountains? Matt: You (Laura) do have advantage. *points at Taliesin* It only affects attacks.
- (1:21:19) Laura: Does [Trinket] get advantage because of mountains? Matt: Nope! He gets disadvantage because he’s a big bear, tiny path.
- (1:33:08) Laura: No, you’re in the mountains. Travis: I am in the mountains. Matt: Which means you have knowledge of mountains. Laura and Travis: Don’t get advantage? Matt: Let me double check, actually, what the specifics of the goliath’s …. no, you just, you don’t take issues with cold climates. You don’t get advantage on anything mountain-wise, that is a Ranger ability.
- (1:48:25) Matt: Make an active perception check for you, Vex, if you don’t mind. Laura: Not advantage? Mountains? Matt: It’s forest? No, you’re forest now. Laura: Oh, wait! That’s another [favorite terrain]! Matt: You sure that another terrain? Go ahead and roll with advantage.
- (1:47:12) Laura: With no advantage, right? Marisha: ‘Til 2pm! Laura: *looks excited, starts to roll advantage* Matt: Wisdom check, not saving throw.
30 Stoke the Flames
- (0:56:40) Laura: Can I aid him by shooting at him at the same time as he’s trying to break the grapple? Matt: You know what? Yes.
- (1:57:32) Matt: Grog has disadvantage on his next attack. Laura: And Vex has advantage? Matt: Yeah, probably [sarcasm]. We’ll see when we get there.
32 Against the Tide of Bone
- (2:21:23) Laura: Oooh! Advantage. Matt: That’s true.
- (p1. 1:55:10) Laura: I slide down on my knees and slide across the room and try to cast Cure Wounds the minute I get to him. Matt: You won’t get close enough to do it, unfortunately. Laura: If I slide down and slide? Matt: Make an acrobatics check. For this circumstance, due to the circumstances with your brother being on the ground, I’ll let this be a little more intense.
34 Race to the Ziggurat
- (1:37:07) Laura: Do I get advantage? Matt: Not for this, you don’t.
- (4:00:42) Laura: Do I get advantage on it at all? Matt: Nope!
36 Winter’s Crest in Whitestone
- (2:10:23) Laura: Is it a salmon pie? He likes fish. Matt: Make a constitution saving throw. Travis: With advantage ‘cause it’s meat? Laura: ‘Cause it’s SALMON. It’s a salmon pie, and he loves salmon. Matt: Hold on …There appear to be hints of fish inside.
38 Echoes of the Past
- (0:23:42) Laura: Do I get advantage ‘cause Pike is helping? Matt: Because she is helping with it and she is the source of it, I would say sure.
40 Desperate Measures
- (1:37:53) Laura: I get advantage on all Stealth checks? Liam: Yes. Because of the cloak, yes.
42 Dangerous Dealings
- (0:34:45) Laura: Any kind of advantage on that? Matt: Nope!
- (1:11:09) Laura: Oh, I get advantage!
44 The Sunken Tomb
- (0:47:53) Laura: Is this, technically, are we in the woods? Is this my favorite terrain again? Matt: Yes.
- (2:23:59) Laura: This wouldn’t be Underdarky at all, would it? Matt: No.
46 Cindergrove Revisited
- (0:20:52) Laura: Fifteen damage. Oh! And that’s sneak attack, right? Because I’m hidden. Matt: It would be for you, yes.
48 Into the Frostweald
- (0:18:01) Laura: Are we in, uh, we’re in the woods, right? Matt: No, you’re in the plain. Laura: Kidding, we’re in the grasslands.
49 A Name is Earned
- (1:14:55) Laura: [Trinket] gets advantage because he’s awesome! Matt: No.
54 In the Belly of the Beast
- (3:09:35) Laura: With advantage because I told him where it would be? *Matt shakes his head no*
- (3:39:43) Laura: Do I get advantage on attack against him because of Guiding Bolt? Matt: You do. The next attack against him has it.
- (2:40:12) Laura: Do we get advantage on any of it? Matt: Not unless you’ve got something that gives you advantage on it. Laura: Like, our Fancy Feast didn’t help us at all?
- (3:01:35) Laura: [Trinket’s] got Keen sense of smell, so he’s got advantage on smell perception! Matt: There’s a stinking cloud right there, it’s gonna be …. roll again.
- (0:16:52) Laura: Does this have to do with dragons? Is it an investigation about dragons? Matt: No, this is more to do with the gold. Laura: What about ‘cause I’m in a mountain and it’s my favorite terrain? Matt: Your favorite terrain, ironically, is not gold. It is Mountain. Laura: It’s mountain? Matt: However, when you level up as a ranger, if you choose to, your next favorite terrain should be gold.
59 The Feywild
- (0:20:41) Laura: Oh, and this is forest, right? Matt: Mmmhmm.
61 Denizens of the Feywild
- (1:24:46) Laura: Wait, wait, I get, I get, I’m in, I’m in… It’s my favored terrain. Matt: It doesn’t help you with every single thing you do. The forest is not going to help you with your persuasion check.
62 Uninviting Waters
- (0:56:32) Laura: Are we in any kind of favorite terrain right now? Taliesin: Only for Aquaman is this favorite terrain. Laura: Nothing? Matt: I’m gonna say no. Laura: Rivers aren’t … ok, cool.
- (2:33:02) Laura: We aren’t in the forest, anymore, this is bog. Matt: Right now, you are. Technically, it’s swamp, yeah. Not considered “forest.” Laura: All right.