brotherkash asked: If it’s not too much to ask, and if it’s not already out there, is there a way to know how many times someone has referred to Vox Machina as a family?
Voxhona means family. Probably.
Thanks to @BnBGreg, @c_diercks, @ChrisVLinden, crystallos, domomon23, Eric R., @InvictusRob, jm4ny, @jmworland, Lucas M., @MannyTrammell, @_miss_maria_, MJG, @OwlObscure, Patrick J., Ro, Sarah E.H., @SaulOrmiston, @SilentEnGee, sonataofsilence, wouldlike2rage, and other critters for their work compiling this list! Updated to Episode 79.
09 Yug’voril Uncovered
- (1:25:34) Vax: I know we’re miles below the surface of the world, but we’re together. We are family, and everyone is here for you, as you have been here for us.
- (1:26:07) Vax: You’ve got a family with us.
14 Shopping and Shipping
- (2:48:21) Vax: Family, family, family… I’ve had a couple of drinks. I’m an adult, I can do that!
22 AraMente to Pyrah
- (1:22:40) Vax: …and we’re a family now.
- (2:48:06) Keyleth: Family. Um. My brothers and sisters.
26 Consequences and Cows
- (0:33:38) Vax: There’s no question that you are an invaluable member of Vox Machina, and our friend and our family,a nd that is not in question.
- (0:35:44) Vax: Clearly we all love you as family…
32 Against the Tide of Bone
- (2:44:30) Vax: We’re almost like family now…
34 Race to the Ziggurat
- (1:29:40) Keyleth: You are not a Briarwood, you are Vox Machina and we can’t lose you…
- (p1. 0:29:44) Pike: I’ll cure the six people in my family.
37 A Musician’s Nostalgia
- (0:12:44) Percy: Don’t put a number on family.
- (3:18:53) Vax: I don’t know why we’re with most of these people, and I love these people, but I don’t know why we’re doing it.
44 The Sunken Tomb
- (1:16:31) Vax: You have a family if you want it.
- (1:17:00) Percy: I think we’re very broken people…but, I think together, we are far greater than the sum of our parts. And I like who we are together. And I think that that’s important.
- (1:17:22) Percy: And I like the influence that everyone has on each other.
- (1:18:32) Vax: We’re a bit of an awkward family, but…we are trying.
- (1:18:56) Percy: There is a destiny… I think for us all, together.
- (1:19:07) Vax: This is all a lot bigger than us individually, now.
- (1:19:09) Percy: We’ve been given mighty deeds to accomplish. We will rise. Or, if we fail, no one will ever know.
- (4:45:29) Kashaw: And [Zahra] started to teach me what it meant to have a family. I didn’t really know what was like until I first saw all you guys together.
- (4:45:52) Keyleth: Well, you did our family a great service today, and you didn’t have to do that.
45 Those Who Walk Away…
- (2:31:54) Scanlan: Now, we’re together, we’re a family…This is better. That’s how I smile. It’s better than it was before. That’s it.
50 Best Laid Plans…
- (0:50:23) Percy: Grog, I’m going to make you a deal. We’re going to deal with this as a family, and we’re going to get you something much nicer.
- (01:46:22) Grog: I want to [kill Kevdak] with my hands. I’ll do it with my family.
- (01:50:46) Grog: No, I made a choice. This is my family. My old family left me to die.
51 Test of Pride
- (0:25:48) Keyleth confirms that VM has been “a terrible influence on me.”
- (1:36:45) Grog: My strength is with my friends, and my friends have their own strengths, to each their own.
- (2:50:22) Grog: Vox Machina: “F*** shit up!
53 At Dawn, We Plan!
- (2:59:21) Va to the Raven Queen: …for I would not be standing here, or would anyone else in my family.
- (2:44:26) Liam: …directly opposite from my family.
- (1:34:46) Scanlan: Our mom only gave us sixty gold to spend could you give us both hats for sixty? We’re brothers! Something went wrong with [Grog] at birth.
59 The Feywild
- (2:37:09) Pike: I wanted to ask if maybe you could draw a family portrait, and the most ridiculous you could make it.
60 Heredity and Hats
- (1:04:30) Grog: We’re a very religious group, and we like to have a family prayer.
- (1:05:47) Keyleth: Could we have a little family pow-wow?
- (2:06:35) Scanlan: We’re a close-knit family!
63 The Echo Tree
- (2:09:28) Saundor: You drive those you call ‘family’ into danger…
64 The Frigid Doom
- (3:46:25) Keyleth: [Tiberius’] home was with us…
69 Passed Through Fire
- (2:37:37) With eternal gratitude, Percival of Vox Machina
73 The Coming Storm
- (1:15:50) Grog: It all comes down to one word, really: Family.
77 Clash at Daxio
- (3:45:32) You’re the best foster mom ever! (Laura/Vex forgets the names of the two celestial boys they saved.)
78 The Siege of Emon
- (1:03:57) Vax: My family and I… We’re going to him.