If references were wishes, the cast would never need to trade with Trista the hag again. We’ve included links to most of the media that the cast referenced, with a notation if the link likely isn’t safe for work/school.
Thanks to BurdenedWithNoPurpose, DragonMustang01, Kathatherine, Rusty-Diamond, SinkingMyShips, TheSingingBadger, TrenchantWit, and Tux3d0_Mask for their contributions to this list!
01 Arrival at Kraghammer
- (0:25:24) Sam: An Octagon? Matt: Essentially! (Mixed Martial Arts)
- (0:49:57) Matt: We’re talking top-shelf, BevMo style.
- (0:59:20) Vax: The architecture is divine! Vex: Divine! Sam: You’re posing at the Howells? (Gilligan’s Island)
02 Into the Greyspine Mines
- (0:47:32) Travis: “I can show you the world” (Aladdin)
- (1:16:44) Marisha: Get dressed up like Sherlock Holmes
- (1:18:13) Marisha: Get low! (“Get Low” by Lil Jon & The East Side Boyz-NSFW)
- (1:24:38) Marisha: Legolas Style!
- (2:21:07) Grog: I run towards the water, haunted by nightmares of Sebastian and the Little Mermaid!
- (2:21:14) Grog: “Le poisson, le poisson, hee hee hee, hon hon hon” (Liam starts this by singing the theme)
- (2:36:25) Sam: Krang?! (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
- (2:44:38) Travis: Yippee Ki-yi-yay! (Die Hard-NSFW)
- (2:47:16) Matt: Lisa Loeb and the Nine Intelligence Damage (Lisa Loeb and Nine Stories)
- (2:50:21) Travis: If I only had a braaaaain (Wizard of Oz)
03 Strange Bedfellows
- (0:13:16) Marisha: It’s like a Three Stooges Act!
- (0:54:33) Laura: This feels like The Descent, I don’t like it, you guys!
- (0:55:29) Marisha: Oh wee Oh! (The Wizard of Oz)
- (1:01:11) Laura: A whole new wooooorld! (Aladdin)
- (1:07:21) Liam: Careful, Bilbo! (The Hobbit)
- (1:33:08) Grog: Like in 300, which was a puppet show I saw…
- (2:20:01) Liam-as-Gollum: Nasty! (LotR)
- (2:28:26) Taliesin and Marisha: Magneto Helmet! (X-Men)
04 Attack on the Duergar Warcamp
- (0:19:20) Grog: …get me a Magneto helmet like his (X-Men)
- (0:20:05) Vax’ildan: With great power comes great responsibility! (Spiderman)
- (1:08:26) Taliesin: I’m going to be Hawkeye-ing Laura out at some point. (Hawkeye)
- (1:09:24) Travis: The human torch was denied a bank loan (Anchorman)
- (1:16:43) Grog: …do an Abominable Snowman walk (Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer)
- (1:19:11) Liam: We’ll do it live, we’ll do it live! (The O’Reilly Factor-NSFW)
- (1:23:09) Grog’s flying pose (Superman)
- (1:31:58) Travis: C’mon, Chip and Dale! (Chip ‘n’ Dale Rescue Rangers)
- (1:33:18) Grog: Aww…I was Dancer! (Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer)
- (2:05:30) Taliesin and Marisha: A whole new spell! [to the tune of “A Whole New World”] (Aladdin)
- (2:19:25) Grog: I would like to go into a frenzied rage and charge at Clifford the Big Red Dog (Clifford)
- (2:25:30) Liam and Marisha: Why can’t we be friends? (“Why Can’t We Be Friends?” by WAR)
05 The Trick About Falling
- (0:35:43) Liam: Do do do do-do, I’m lovin’ it! (McDonalds jingle)
- (0:37:48) Taliesin: I’m going to Hawkeye you out (Hawkeye)
- (1:00:11) Travis: Come on, Squidward, over here! (Spongebob Squarepants)
- (1:11:15) Liam: It’s like having Goofy as a party member. WHA-HA-HA-WHEEEEE!
- (1:14:13) Laura: Can I use tracking and see what happened, like Prince Humperdink? (The Princess Bride)
- (1:42:33) Travis: And the reason is you, and the reason is you… (“The Reason” by Hoobastank)
- (2:58:32) Liam: I’m wearing it like a Scientology unibody underwear! (We think he mixed up Mormon and Scientology here)
06 Breaching the Emberhold
- (0:26:50) Vax’ildan: Do you even lift, bro?
- (0:49:25) Orion: Waka Waka! (The Muppets)
- (0:55:31) Travis: Like a wookiee! (Star Wars)
- (1:18:52) Liam, then everyone: This was a triumph. I’m making a note here: Huge Success. (“Still Alive” by Jonathan Coulton for Portal)
- (1:20:04) Ashley and Travis: I think we’re alone now! There doesn’t seem to be anyone around! (“I Think We’re Alone Now” by Tommy James & the Shondells or Tiffany)
- (1:21:13) Liam does an Arnold Schwarzenegger impression
- (1:23:55) Matt: Almost Han in carbonite type look. (Star Wars)
- (1:57:13) Liam: Queen Ermahgerd! (The Ermahgerd, Gersberms meme)
07 The Throne Room
- (0:44:23) Marisha: We kind of prop them up, to kind of Weekend at Bernie’s them.
- (2:14:16) Marisha: So, we’re basically going to be three kids, Little Rascals-style…
- (2:22:08) Liam: We few, we happy few! (Henry V-Shakespeare)
- (2:28:20) Liam: …they’re all in a line, like Radio City (The Rockettes)
- (2:38:35) Taliesin: Traps, traps, traps traps traps traps! (“Shots” by LMFAO ft. Lil Jon-NSFW)
- (2:51:32) Liam: Ermahgerd, Mergerl! (The Ermahgerd, Gersberms meme)
- (3:19:08) Marisha: And all that doubles is go-old! Taliesin: Only shootin’ arrows… (“All-Star” by Smash Mouth)
08 Glass and Bone
- (0:45:30) Marisha: We could call you….Vax the Nine-Toed (somewhat LotR reference)
- (1:23:48) Matt: Using a very Earth-bender-y motion…
- (1:28:53) Marisha: On the Wonka-vator! (Charlie and the Chocolate Factory)
- (1:34:40) Marisha: We’re on the People Mover! (Disneyworld)
- (2:36:20) Ashley: What does Clarota want to do? Taliesin: Dance! (Dazed and Confused-NSFW)
09 Yug’voril Uncovered
- (0:42:54) Marisha: Get on it! Jump on it! (“Jump on It” by Sugarhill Gang)
- (0:42:57) Travis: if you sexy then flaunt it! (“Uptown Funk” by Mark Ronson ft. Bruno Mars)
- (2:30:08) Marisha: I Flipper him and go up under him.
- (2:38:40) Marisha: I’m practicing my Shamu flips in the water. (Sea World)
- (2:40:27) Marisha: Wanna check them out? Clear out the fog of war? (The Fog of War movie)
10 K’varn Revealed
- (0:22:22) Ashley: I’m in a boat. I’m in a motherf***ing boat. (“I’m on a Boat” by the Lonely Island ft. T-Pain-NSFW)
- (0:29:27) Taliesin: 28 Days zombies (28 Days Later)
- (0:59:08) Scanlan: Pike, come with me if you want to live. (Terminator)
- (1:01:11) Marisha: Follow the Macy’s Day Balloon Shark!
- (1:01:36) Sam: This is a James Bond water chase!
- (1:15:23) Tiberius: And I pull the eye out. Travis: Oooh, Kill Bill-style!
- (1:19:10) Travis: Introduce you to the Blue Angels.
- (1:22:54) Taliesin: Nobody knows what it’s like, to be… Marisha and Taliesin: A Sharkman! (“Behind Blue Eyes” by The Who)
- (1:40:23) Ashley: Stargate!
- (1:45:25) Marisha: Hungry Hungry Hippo bomb!
- (1:48:13) Percy: We’re not making a holy hand grenade (Monty Python and the Holy Grail)
- (2:24:35) Laura: Not like Portal?
11 The Temple Showdown
- (0:36:53) Marisha: Got some Jethro Tull up in here!
- (0:43:36) Someone sings the Mission Impossible theme
- (0:44:06) Marisha: He’s going to be that one scene in Lord of the Rings
- (1:02:21) Travis: Harry Potter ‘Engorgio!’
- (1:14:18) Matt: You manage to, Mission Impossible-style…
- (1:23:27) Grog: I also have an idea. Ice cream and peanut butter mixed on a cold stone. (Cold Stone Creamery)
- (1:36:18) Travis: You want me to metal bend?
- (1:36:38) Travis: I could be like that pilot at the end of Independence Day
- (1:57:07) Ashley: Goodbye my looooove! (?)
- (2:21:30) Marisha: It worked for the Spartans in that awesome 300…comic.
- (2:23:21) Reference to the 300 (continued conversation from earlier)
- (2:23:00) Scanlan: Usually it’s ‘yes, and,’ Clarota. (Improv rules)
- (2:28:20) Travis: Jedi hand gesture to Matt We have two carpets
- (2:48:11) Travis: Liam, Strength and Honor! (Beastmaster, Gladiator)
- (2:51:03) Sam and Ashley: Drop it like it’s hot! (“Drop It Like It’s Hot” by Snoop Dogg ft. Pharrell Williams-NSFW)
- (3:37:35) Travis: That was almost Mission Impossible!
- (4:23:46) Taliesin: This is like the end of Iron Man 3
12 Dungeons & Dragons Campaign Tips
- (0:15:27) Dan Casey: Circle takes the square! (Hollywood Squares)
- (0:17:07) Matt: If I feel like going full Eldritch Horror on you guys.
- (0:23:07) Matt does a Bill Cosby impression. Liam: Too soon.
- (0:24:39) Liam: [Laura and Travis] are seeing Grease.
- (0:26:01) Matt: Elves, you know, Lord of the Rings, elves are cool.
- (0:26:15) Matt: …the more Legolas-style. (LotR)
- (0:26:42) Matt: Halflings, you can say Hobbit…
- (0:27:42) Matt: …think Nightcrawler from X-Men.
- (0:31:27) Matt: Definitely Legolas, Lord of the Rings-type, arrow arrow arrow!
- (0:31:29) Matt: ARROWED! (Homestar Runner/Teen Girl Squad)
- (0:32:00) Matt: …Harry Potter-style classes.
- (0:32:48) Matt: …which are creepy, Oberon-style… (“A Midsummer Night’s Dream” by Shakespeare)
- (0:32:55) Matt: …or Cthulhu! (HP Lovecraft)
- (1:18:44) Matt: The Chaotic Evil type villain, The Joker from Batman.
- (2:03:30) Orion: Whose line is it anyway, Matt? Marisha: Points! Matt: This is a prop-based game. (Whose Line Is It Anyway?)
- (2:03:37) Matt: Carrot Top’s Dungeons and Dragons, everyone.
- (2:51:00) Vox Moronica has a discussion that describes, in all but name, how their situation is like Indiana Jones
- (2:51:38) Ify Nwadiwe: Swerve. (“Mercy” by Kanye West)
- (3:04:25) Dan: Ooh, goin’ for it! Like the Magic School Bus-goin’ inside!
- (3:29:44) Taliesin: It’s like the Beetle and Booster Gold (Blue Beetle and Booster Gold)