- First appearance: 10 K’Varn Revealed
- Armor Class 14, 18 for Alpha
- Resistant to nonmagical physical weapons
- Advantage on stealth checks in rocky terrain
- Darkvision 60 ft, Passive 12
- Speed 30 ft, climb 30 ft
- Average/Max HP: 27, 42
- Average/Max HP (Alpha): 75, 120
Going down the aberration list, gricks usually lie in wait to devour all passerby, ambushing anything that wanders near their their designated hiding spot. They often hide in a pack; a larger, well-fed alpha usually leads. Wise travelers know to look for the telltale signs of the belongings of victims strewn about near conspicuous nooks. Unwise travelers fall victim to a lightning ambush of a series of engulfing tentacles and carnivorous beaks.
That said, this wasn’t much of an encounter. With the tables turned on their usual “get the drop” strategy, the gricks didn’t have much defense against a fireball and a bomb. Tinkerer, Tailor, Sorcerer, Druidic Spy.