Thanks to @whispersdivide for this piece!
Saundor is another fully-homebrewed entity in the Vox Machina campaign. While we obviously don’t have his complete set of stats, we are able to rebuild a surprising amount of his abilities.
Saundor had an Armor Class of 20, darkvision to 120 ft, and approximately 280 hit points. At the beginning of each of his turns, if his HP was 1 or greater, Saundor recovered an estimated 20 HP.
His speed was determined by his connection to the tree (estimated 40 ft). Moving from one location to another still granted attack of opportunities, but as long as he was connected to the tree, he could essentially teleport himself anywhere within it by means of vine walking.
Lastly, Saundor had Legendary Resistance. If he failed a saving throw, he could choose to succeed instead, up to three times per day.
Saundor could take a multiattack to fire three arrows from his bow (+11 to hit, 1d8 + 7 piercing + 1d4 lightning damage). With Fenthras, he also had to the option to declare a Bramble Shot (one per day), dealing 1d8 + 3d8 + 7 piercing damage on a hit. The target would also be required to make a Strength saving throw (DC 19) or be grappled. His other option for a multiattack included sheathing his bow in place of huge trunk fists. Each of the three fist attacks had +10 to hit, and dealt 2d8 + 8 bludgeoning damage.
Saundor also demonstrated a predilection for magic (13th level caster, DC 19), made manifest by the tree itself. While it’s very likely he had more spells at his disposal, these are the spells that we know for sure that he cast:
- 2/day: Blight
- 1/day: Wall of Thorns, Reverse Gravity
Saundor could also take 3 legendary actions, choosing from the options below. Only one legendary action could be used at a time, and only at the end of another creature’s turn. Saundor regained spent legendary actions at the start of his turn.
- Bow attack: Saundor fires a single arrow.
- Slam attack: Saundor makes a single slam attack.
- Spell (costs 2 actions): Saundor casts a spell.
On initiative count 20 (losing initiative ties), Saundor could take a lair action to cause one of the following magical effects (DC 16). The same effect could not be used twice in a row:
- A poisonous cloud bursts out from the floor of the tree. Those within its area of effect must succeed a Dexterity saving throw to take half damage, or full damage on a failure. (This effect matches the description of Cloudkill, cast as a single action without concentration.)
- Vines reach out 10 feet from the wall of the tree, grabbing onto anyone standing too close. Each creature within reach must succeed on a Strength saving throw or be restrained. The victim can repeat the Strength save at the end of their turns.
- A mist of confusion seeps upwards from the roots of the tree. Each creature within a 10-foot-radius sphere must succeed on a Wisdom saving throw or be affected. (This effect matches the description of Confusion, cast as a single action without concentration.)