So… It’s been a month an a half since the last one of these. You’ve got questions, all right. Updated to 2-56.
Are you planning on getting the Search for Grog character sheets of the characters that Travis and Liam played?
To be clear, we don’t “get” the sheets from the players; we reconstruct the sheets based on what we’ve been able to ascertain from what goes in on the games and on Twitter (Thanks Liam!). And yes, we have compiled and posted the sheets!
Does CRS keep track of anything that would help identify at a glance what episodes [may contain content less appropriate for younger viewers who may want to watch]?
Would you ever consider tracking triggering topics (spiders, hanging, child death, discussion of abuse etc) so critters who are affected by such things can be forewarned before they watch the vod?
Does The Dog Die is a crowd-sourced website that does the very thing you’re looking for! Critical Role is already up there, but it looks like the page would benefit from some episode specificity. Any interested critters should check it out and consider updating!
Can you calculate how much damage Jester’s weasel has taken and how many times it survived literal death?
In theory, as of episode 2-56, Sprinkle has avoided:
59 fire damage
52 lightning damage
32 poison damage
7 overkills from damage
In practice, Sprinkle has avoided all damage Jester has taken by curling up on the back of her neck in her cloak and dodging during battle.
Do you have a list of all the Beauregard puns?
We post a list of each episode’s media references and puns each week. That said:Read More
This summary has been reproduced from this Tumblr post.
Tonight’s guests are Ashley Johnson and Sam Riegel!
TM is headed to San Diego Comic Con again this year! On Tuesday, July 24 (the Tuesday after their Saturday panel), the panel will be broadcast in TM’s usual time slot. Wyrmwood giveaways are back starting this week, but will be hosted in the Critical Role Twitch chat moving forward.
New shirt in the store (featuring Nott and Jester’s detective agency!).
Stats for this episode:
Yasha is practically tied with Fjord for highest average damage dealt per episode (35.875 for Yasha, 36.040 for Fjord).
Nott maintains her lead for the most natural ones (23). Sam points out that he’s using the same dice as last campaign and suspects the proximity to the baby may have been a curse on his luck. Ashley: “I feel like he couldn’t possibly be a curse on anyone.” Sam: “No, he’s a demon child. Have you held up a mirror to the child to see if it has a reflection? That’s all I’m saying.”
It’s been 34 days since the Mighty Nein met in Trostenwald. Ashley points out that it’s starting to be a substantial number of days for everyone to have been spending all their time together.
Kiri was with the Mighty Nein for 11 days.
Talks Machina 15 (0:38:32)
Brian: Should we have-- oh, I hate to do this to them, should we have CritRoleStats keep track of how many times Gil f***s someone or not?
Travis: Sure, yeah!
Matt: This is true; they don’t have enough to keep track of! Just throw more on the pile! I’m so sorry guys, I’m so sorry.
Brian: Andrew just threw a beer at the screen.
Gil: They’re five people, right?
Four, to be precise. Luckily, we have the most awesome volunteers in the world who stepped up to help us out! Updated to Episode 90.
Thanks to Alexandra, @ChrisVLinden, clefos, @dutchcritter, @EBalensuela, @fancynancypie, icecream-s-coops, @InvictusRob, @JacobSBrowning, @jgraveart, @Ju_Draakje, @_miss_maria_, mthwiz, @omrjeuss, Rosie-Lostbetweenthepages, @RowenaHighland1, soaringsparrows, Supertoasty, themeaningofnight, and zahra-hana for their work compiling this list!
- Times Gil’s Dice Helped: 25
- Times Gil’s Dice Hurt: 9
Who stole the lodestones from the Kraken's lair? Vox Machina stole the lodestones from the Kraken's lair? Who me? Yes, you! Couldn't be! It's true!
- (0:04:40) Matt: I feel like that’s an opening act to Gaga’s next tour.
- (0:07:30) Matt: Me and Darrin DePaul are going to be guesting on Eric’s TBD RPG, the Doctor Who RPG.
- (0:10:10) Taliesin: Matt Key is going to be hosting, and he’s going to talk about his favorite thing in the world. Matt: Doctor Strange.
- (0:34:32) Matt: ...in a full-on princess carry.
- (1:41:32) Taliesin: Long may he reign. (Game of Thrones)
- (1:57:08) Liam: Eyes Wide Shut.
- (1:57:25) Taliesin: Like Labyrinth muppets, maybe.
- (2:04:41) Taliesin: This went FernGully so quickly! So FernGully!
- (2:05:13) Matt: As Grog forces himself to the front of the line, like palms a child, just pushes them back, like Old School.
- (2:06:55) Liam: Enough about strawberry, how about RAW-berry?! Taliesin: Juice Springsteen! (Picnicface) NSFW
- (2:20:09) Sam: He likes to watch! (Being There)
- (2:21:44) Matt: Doty slams into view, like some weird hype man. NSFW
- (2:22:10) Tary: Who me? Taliesin: Yes you. (“Who Stole the Cookies from the Cookie Jar?”)
- (2:30:58) Matt: And there, in a classic Michelangelo-style pose…
- (2:56:34) Ashley: Derka derka derka derka! (Team America: World Police)
- (3:01:06) Vax: And a very merry unbirthday to you as well. (Alice in Wonderland)
- (3:02:03) Matt: It’s a very Silmarillion-type dense, scattered notes.
- (3:09:25) Laura: This is a journal! (pronounced as girl-nel) (Wet Hot American Summer)
- (3:17:15) Sam: That’s amazing! Anastasia Steele fell in love with Christian Grey, just like that? (Fifty Shades of Grey) NSFWish
Scanlan Shorthalt would not have been forgot
Even had his resurrection been for naught.
To celebrate his death eluding
His friends coated him in pudding
And left him to wake up in knots.
- (0:33:54) Travis: …and to the tune of the Washington [pro football team] fight song…
- Hail to Scanlan Shorthalt,
- Hail to victory!
- No one can make me laugh faster,
- Please bring him back to me!
- (1:00:18) Travis, Taliesin, Matt, Marisha, Ashley and Liam: Somewhere, out there… (“Somewhere Out There” by Linda Ronstadt and James Ingram)
- (1:20:40) Liam: He’s like a gnome Steve Buscemi.
- (2:09:28) Laura: That sounded like […] Dolores Umbridge! (Harry Potter)
The touch, the heal of Trickfoot: the healer of our lives!
- (0:00:58) Sam: I dug up an old poetry book and buried inside there was a very curious poem by a young Doctor Seuss!
- (0:11:43) Travis: Britney Spears! *NSYNC!
- (0:15:43) Liam: Meka lecka hi, mecka hiney ho! (Pee-Wee’s Playhouse)
- (0:55:16) Liam: Check out the big hand on Scan! (Pulp Fiction) NSFW
- (1:02:13) Multiple: Surprise, mothaf***ah! (Dexter) NSFW
- (1:02:58) Liam: Is Thordy La Forge poisoned there? (Star Trek)
- (0:01:35) Sam: What can be said about Dennis the Hopper? (Dennis Hopper)
- (0:01:43) Sam: …or nibbled on Olivia’s Yo Gabba Gabba backpack.
- (0:07:32) Sam: He put a ring on it? (“Single Ladies” by Beyonce)
- (0:07:46) Liam: I’m willing to wait for it. (“Wait for It” from Hamilton)
As Vox Machina learned, a trip to the City of Brass is never just a three-hour tour.
- (0:04:56) Liam: Just go, ‘Guuuuuuuh!’ […] Matt: Like, Donald Sutherland in The Body Snatchers!
- (0:06:21) Travis: *sadly singing* All around me are familiar faces… (“Mad World” by Tears for Fears)
- (0:07:14) Matt: [The Force Grey people] put out a cool poster today designed by the same artist who did the Stranger Things cover.
- (0:14:24) Liam: I’d like to phone a friend. Matt: *laughing* Would you like to phone a friend…it’s not going to help. (Who Wants to be a Millionaire?)
- (0:22:40) Liam: You run! You slide! Take a dip, and take a dive! (Crocodile Mile advertisement) Thanks to Hannes V. for this one!
- (0:24:53) Travis: And, in the immortal words of Bob Ross, everybody needs a friend.
Sometimes you know when to hold them. Sometimes you know when to fold them. Sometimes you’re Scanlan, and you don’t know when to do either.
- (0:08:43) Brian: Until then, it’s hiiiiiigh noon! (Overwatch)
- (0:10:22) Cast: *sings* Somewhere out there… (“Somewhere Out There” by Linda Ronstadt and James Ingram)
- (0:25:12) Liam: It’s a scratch, a scratch-no pick, no pick! (Seinfeld)
Fun Fact: On Geek & Sundry’s Disney Princess D&D character sheets, Pocahontas has a +5 bonus for Animal Handling, just like Pike!
- (0:00:58) Taliesin: We’re going full NPR here.
- (0:05:11) Matt: It’s just all Sesame Street.
- (0:07:48) Marisha: There’s no wrong way to eat a Reese’s.
- (0:13:12) Travis: A lot of Fugees. Ready or not, here I come, you can’t hide… (“Ready or Not” by The Fugees)