Anonymous asked: At what points has The Sun Tree been spoken to and mentioned?
26 Consequences and Cows
- (1:56:44) Desmond: [The Whitestone residents who tried to escape] were all found hanging from The Sun Tree the next morning.
- (1:58:23) Desmond: Lord and Lady Briarwood took me as their driver and showed me Tylieri hanging from that same Sun Tree the next morning.
28 The Sun Tree
- See: Title
- (1:52:55) Matt: There is a very large, old tree there, with all these gnarled branches that reach out, you remember Desmond mentioning something called The Sun Tree that is the centerpiece of this area.
- (2:05:41) Keyleth: And that Sun Tree, that whathisname…Desmond, there were, looks like, some executions took place and there were about 8 bodies hanging from that tree.
- (2:05:59) Laura: Why is it called the Sun Tree?
- (2:06:18) Percy and Matt’s explanations of the Sun Tree’s name and conversation about how to heal the tree
- (2:36:12) Vox Machina passes the Sun Tree for the first time
- (0:13:49) Matt’s recap talks about what the Suntree is
- (0:14:26) Matt’s recap talks about Keyleth digging her way down beneath the Suntree
- (0:15:00) Matt talks about Keyleth beginning her ritual beneath the Suntree
- (0:15:40) Keyleth makes a Religion check about the Suntree
- (1:19:10) Keyleth mentions the Sun Tree as she ends her ritual with Sun Beam
- (1:20:50) Matt describes the effect of Keyleth’s ritual and Sun Beam
- (1:41:22) Liam sings a ditty about the Sun Tree before they start playing
- (1:52:28) Percy: The tree proved they are perfectly fine killing a small peasant boy.
- (1:57:10) Matt: …away from The Sun Tree square.
30 Stoke the Flames
- (0:14:42) In a discussion about where they were/where they wanted to camp out for the evening
- (0:37:58) Matt: So you’re all down in the bottom of the tunnel by the roots of the Sun Tree?”
- (0:41:53) Scanlan: So what if the sun tree is like- Vex’ahlia: The SOURCE OF THE BAD?! Scanlan: Yeah! Vex’ahlia: It’s possible it is. Keyleth: Ha…. That’s kinda funny
- (1:15:14) Matt: You feel the inspiration based on the presence of the sun tree and what you were attempting to try and repair it with, using that you close your eyes and a burst of sunlight energy cascades forth
- (1:24:58) Scanlan: What if the Sun Tree is their [the vampire’s] spawning ground?
- (2:32:18) Yennen: Legend speaks of a seed, that the sun tree was placed by Pelor himself to seal a wound in the light.
31 Gunpowder Plot
- (p1. 2:10:15) Matt as Soldier: We hung people against the Sun Tree as a warning…
- (p1. 2:11:05) Vax’ildan: Let’s back this up a little: You hung people from the Sun Tree? Soldier: Yeah, as a warning. Vax: Where I saw that child? Liam: I slit his throat.
- (p2. 0:45:25) Scanlan: Didn’t [Sylas] hang [Tylieri] on the Sun Tree?
- (p2. 0:45:55) Matt: …Showed Desmond Tylieri hanging from the Sun Tree.
- (p2. 0:46:17) Percy: Let’s dead to the Sun Tree, why don’t we?
- (p2. 0:47:44) Matt: …towards the center of town, where the Sun Tree is.
- (p2. 0:48:05) Matt: The Sun Tree, at a glance…
- (p2. 0:50:45) Marisha: I’m climbing the Sun Tree
32 Against the Tide of Bone
- (0:21:52) Marisha: Am I near the Sun Tree again?
- (p1. 1:11:12) Vex’ahlia: Is [the ziggurat] underneath the Sun Tree?
34 Race to the Ziggurat
- (0:30:21) Vax to Cassandra: Why not hang you from that tree in the center of town like they did so many others?
- (1:10:31) Matt :You’re about a quarter mile from the center of the city, from the square where the Sun Tree is.
- (2:14:01) Marisha: Is this located under the Sun Tree?
- (2:16:41) Keyleth: We are right under the Sun Tree…
- (2:26:56) Marisha: Can I see the root system of, like, a really deep running tree?
- (p2. 0:32:57) Matt: There’s actually people gathering around the Sun Tree.”
- (p2. 0:46:09) Matt: Drinks are being poured as a giant central table right at the base of the Sun Tree is set.
- (p2. 0:49:02) Keyleth: Can I go over and check out the Sun Tree?
- (p2. 0:51:52) Matt: You approach the Sun Tree…”
- (p2. 0:54:22) Keyleth has a “conversation” with the Sun Tree, “Can I ask the tree how it’s feeling?”
- (p2. 0:58:09) Keyleth: I was just talking to the tree.
- (p2. 1:02:55) Matt: You see Keyleth, kind of stunned, standing by the Sun Tree.
36 Winter’s Crest in Whitestone
- (0:33:53) Keyleth: I have Teleport via Plants, so we can bamf through the Sun Tree.
- (0:59:57) Matt: You see a series of tables behind the Sun Tree…
- (2:13:11) Matt: People start to gather in the center of town where the Sun Tree is
37 A Musician’s Nostalgia
- (0:25:15) Vox Machina leaves Whitestone through the Sun Tree. Keyleth: Hey boo. I’ll see ya soon.
42 Dangerous Dealings
- (0:39:52) Vex’ahlia: Can we bring everyone through the Sun Tree?
- (3:15:09) Vox Machina and the remaining refugees go through the tree to Whitestone
- (3:23:55) Vox Machina travels through The Sun Tree to Vasselheim
44 The Sunken Tomb
- (4:51:32) Matt: You guys all follow suit, out of the Sun Tree in Whitestone.
45 Those Who Walk Away…
- (2:33:52) Keyleth: To the Sun Tree! Matt: Keyleth steps forward, touches her hand to the Sun Tree…
- (2:35:34) Matt: You find yourself stepping out of the center of the Sun Tree. Keyleth: Can I do something? […] While I’m in the Sun Tree…
- (3:23:53) THE discussion with Keyleth